Friday, July 9, 2010

I hate motel noise...

So I'm at Ft. Benning, GA this weekend for a PWOC (Protestant Women Of the Chapel for you non-military folks) conference.  Learning about how to be Christ-like leaders and how to effectively lead our Installation's PWOC for the next year.  I have been immeasurably blessed so far. 

However, all the ladies at the conference are staying at a Suburban Extended Stay Hotel. 
 You know, the kind that you can pay for weekly? 

NOT HOURLY...get your mind out of the gutter...

There are somewhere between 50-75 ladies staying here...in addition to men who are here working locally for whatever reason.  Makes me a little nervous...

What I don't get is why, at 10:40 pm, do people have to be so noisy?!?  The person/persons on the other side of the wall from me are banging around, bumping into stuff, talking loud, etc.  I'm on the top floor, so I don't have to worry about people walking heavily.  Thank goodness...

I do have to remember that I have this whole *room* to myself.  I can sleep in the middle of the bed and I don't have to worry about my children needing me in the middle of the night.  I left them at home with some scraps of food on the floor.  The diaper box says for 22-30 pounds - they mean poop, right?

Just kidding - they're with their grandparents in FL.  I'll pick them up Sunday.

Can't wait to hear the noise they make when they see me,

Missy 

No comments: