Sunday, October 31, 2010

A note about my recipes...

I'm sure you've all noticed that I don't write down many measurements in my recipes unless I'm baking.  I like to have a recipe to begin with, but then it becomes a "feel as I go" kind of thing.  I like to tweak and fix recipes to my liking.  And most of the time, I don't remember from one time to the next exactly what I did, so it's different each time anyway. 

Baking is another matter.  If your ingredients aren't exact, your food won't turn out right.  It's all in the chemistry of the ingredients, something that I have zero knowledge of.  And I'm not ashamed to say it.

For those of you who feel lost without a recipe, I'll do my best from now on to take note of the things that I use and the amounts I use.  I can't promise that every recipe will be exact.  But that's the fun of cooking.  You can take what someone else has done and make it your own.  Try it sometime - you'll feel extremely liberated and you'll want to burn your bra and make up your own recipes!

Well, you may not want to burn your bra.  Unless you have one to spare.  ;)

Blessings,
Missy

No comments: